Friday, March 4, 2011

Mothers Homeschool Journal Weekly Review

The Homeschool Mother's Journal




In my life this week...

Continuing my organizing and going through things.
Planning a furniture rearrangement.

In our homeschool this week...

We have put our noses to the grindstone and really accomplished a lot.  
Both of the children participated in the online math drill "games' for World Math Day.  Over the years my daughter has struggled with Math, but she did well at this and was encouraged to see her scores and percentages go up with each game.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We have stayed pretty close to home this week, so not seeing too many people.  Daughter had piano lesson and we visited with her teacher for a little while.
Also visited the library.

My favorite thing this week was...

Seeing and hearing both of my children enjoying their new Latin Curriculum.

What's working/not working for us...

Spelling Power.  Both of my children have really seemed to taken off with this and are spelling better.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

Not really questions or thoughts, but I have been working on preparing several mini month long studies about nutrition, music, and book genres.  We will spend a short amount of time on one of these a couple days a week throughout the month.  I try to make them more interactive and less about paper and pencil.  

I am continuing to think about resources for next year.  I finally wrote out two charts for subjects and will begin to fill one in with what I have and the other with thoughts for what I would like or programs to check into.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

http://www.homeschoolfreebie.wholesomechildhood.com/ 

 This  is a great site and not just for homeschoolers. Each day they have a new resource to download or a unique website.  Many of their resources are older publications which are no longer in print.  When you visit their sight you have the chance to sign up for their weekly newsletter to receive an email listing the resources for the week as well as a bonus resource just for newsletter subscribers.

3 comments:

  1. We did World Math Day, too! Today is World Spelling Day, also. Glad to read your journal this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your unit studies sound great! I am trying to incorporate unit studies into our day. I really think the kids would enjoy them. Thank you for sharing the resource link. It looks great. I just found your blog on the homeschool mothers journal hop. Thanks for sharing your week and I have really enjoyed reading your journal.

    Kimberly

    http://thehappyheartsacademy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete