Thursday, August 8, 2013

Curriculum for Fourth Grade 2013-2014

These are my curriculum plans for my 9 year old son for the coming year.

Theology

A Bible History
Catechism Review



Math

Teaching Textbooks 

I have struggled to find an appropriate math program for several years. So we are trying TT this year. I know many other Moms and students highly recommend it so I am hoping it works well.





History

Story of the World 2  The Middle Ages
Famous Men of the Middle Ages
Kingfisher History Encyclopedia

History also includes notebooking and lapbooking. We will also use other resources to enrich the study. They include this Prof Noggin game, and Usbourne Middle Ages encyclopedia.


Science

Elements Ingredients of the Universe

I will probably add additional resources. This is not a full year course so we will have to see what comes next.




Language Arts

Spelling Power
Vocabulary Cartoons
Scholastic Literacy Place
learn Cursive




  






 

Foreign Language

Latin for Children A
Greek Alphabet Code Cracker

Son has not picked up the grammar of Latin too easily, so I plan to go back to the beginning and take it slowly. He is interested in Greek so we will do this on the side.


Electives

Feed My Sheep
Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?
Typing


I plan to read Whatever Happened to Penny Candy outloud so he will hear it. Some of it maybe a little too deep for him, but the exposure to the topic is beneficial.


We will also do lapbooks and notebooks on various topics, some which I choose, others which he chooses.

You have probably noticed I have left some subjects out, I do plan on covering things like writing,  grammar, and geography I just don't know what I am going to use yet. We moved a month ago so most of the summer has been consumed by planning, packing, moving, and unpacking. I also have a wish list, but will have to see how much of it I can find or purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment