Time Timer LLC
- Time Timer is a portable timer with a opaque cover which can also be flipped back and used as a stand.
- To set, all you do is move the plastic dome from its position at 0 to the time desired and its ready to countdown time. The time which you have it set for will be covered in red. The red disappears as the time countdowns.
- Time Timer has the option of a sound at the end of the set time.
- Time Timer uses the high contrast contrast colors of black, white, and red.
|Time Timer comes in several sizes|
3 inch Timer $30.00
8 inch Timer $35.00
12 inch Timer $40.00
Time Timer is also available as an app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Time Timer is also available as a Wrist Timer, computer software, and a puzzle
- It is 3 inches square but takes so little room on my desk. It is lightweight and easy to move from room to room or desk to table.
- It is also very easy to use. Setting the timer can be done with one hand.
- The face of Time Timer is very easy to read. Because of the high contrast I can easily see how much time is left from across the room. My children could also see at a glance how much time they had left when taking time tests.
- I like being able to set the tone to tell me when the time was up, but it only goes off once and is not very loud. If I wasn't listening closely for the sound it was easy to miss. On the other hand it was nice to be able to set a timer and not have to run and shut it off when the time was up.
- It was very nice the children could see how much time they had left for math drills. It also gave them perspective as to how long 5 or 10 minutes is. It helped to make the abstract concrete.
I did not think about using Time Timer while my children practiced piano, but that would be an excellent use. I could set the timer for them and then have them be responsible for using all the time they see for practicing their assigned pieces.
Learn what other TOS Crew members had to saw about Time Timer at the Crew Blog.
Disclaimer: I received a free Time Timer to use and write this review. I have not been compensated in any other way and all opinions expressed here are solely my own.