Saturday, January 28, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal Weekly Review 1/28



In my life this week…
I can't believe it has been a month since I posted for HSMJ. Time has just flown by.
One evening this week I went to a girls night out. Chocolate was present.

In our homeschool this week…
My children have been interested in learning about economics, so we have been reading several books and started making an economics lapbook. Since I have been able to find one on a level appropriate for them I decided I would make our own. So far we have completed three mini books.


Both of my children have started several using a couple new online programs which I will be reviewing in a couple weeks. They are really enjoying them.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We haven't been out much this week, except for piano lessons, the library, and grocery store.

My favorite thing this week was…
Another week of winter with no snow. We have had plenty of rain though.

What’s working/not working for us…
We have had a terrible time getting back into a routine after Christmas. 

Questions/thoughts I have…
I am trying to add some substance to our history program for my 5th grader because there just isn't much with STOW to challenge her. I haven't had a whole lot of success though.  Our library doesn't have many resources on the ancients at this level.

Things I’m working on…
Going through things in the basement. Sorting through curriculum type stuff I have to see if it is going to work for us in the future or not.

I'm reading...
Cookbooks. I am so tired of the same old foods, but I have a very limited budget and discriminating palates to feed. 

I’m cooking…
Cranberry muffins.  I have cooked meals this week, but nothing has been overly memorable. 

Thank you to Sue for hosting HSMJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment