Monday, January 30, 2012

Summer Sewing Challenge



If any of your free time is spent crafting or creating in some manner it is likely you have a stash of materials for your chosen craft or crafts. We may have grand plans and ideas for all those treasures, but other things have a way of eating up crafting time and those plans don't materialize. Then there are the magical powers which one or two pieces of fabric have, you know, how they quickly multiply all by themselves. Then before you know it the stash is huge.

Jennifer at Milk and Honey Mommy, decided she was going to do something about her empty closet and fabric stash. Her plan is to sew her way to a new summer wardrobe and use up some of her fabric stash in the process. So she decided to invite others to sew along with her. Well, not exactly along with her, but to sew in the next few months and share the fruit of our labors via special blog posts. I think this is a great idea, because it is much more fun to do things with others and knowing other people know I have committed to something keeps me on my toes and hopefully will motivate me to finish some projects. Sewing to Summer will continue until June 20th, the start of summer with a check in post and link up each month along the way.

My first project for the Sewing Challenge will be to make a nightgown for my daughter.

So if you sew and would like to make a dent in that stash, check out the challenge at Milk and Honey Mommy and sew along.

1 comment:

  1. Martha,

    I'm so glad to have you along for the sewing challenge. It will be exciting to see the nightgown you make for your daughter. I bought two nightgown patterns and fabric to make some for my daughter and the closest I ever got to making them were a pair of pajama pants. Since she outgrew the patterns (I really meant to make them), I added the fabric to my stash. I guess I'll have to come up with another idea for that fabric.

    ReplyDelete