Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Happiness Christmas Service

Sunday was our Childrens' Christmas program at church. It was entitled "Away in a Manger." The program reminded us again how God in the person of Jesus came to dwell with us in human form and remains with us all the time through His Word and Sacrament.

Both of my children had speaking parts taken from various portions of Scripture and participated with the other children in singing portions of several hymns. They both did a very good job in saying their parts and helping to share the Christmas and beyond story.

One of the traditions the congregation has is to allow any of the children who have musical abilities to play a short piece. Thus, Daughter had the opportunity two play two hymns as part of the prelude to the worship service. She choose "Silent Night" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing". She was nervous before hand, but did very well. Her piano teacher, also our church organist, was very pleased with what she did.

These Christmas services were a tradition for me growing up and have now also become a tradition for my children. I have a feeling December just wouldn't feel right without practicing for and anticipating the Christmas Service.

2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas programs with children...when mine were littles it was soo fun and I love our church children's participation too! Sounds like you all had a great time! Thanks for sharing! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the children's services. I'm glad your children did well and had fun.

    ReplyDelete