Saturday, April 14, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal Weekly Review 4/14/2012





In my life this week…

I realized it has been an awfully long time since I posted anything on my blog which wasn't a review and I need to get back to writing some other posts.

In our homeschool this week…

We had a very productive week.

On Monday we celebrated the 100th day of the year. I found a number grid and devised a hidden picture for my kids. Before hand I figured out which squares would need to be colored to make the number one hundred and marked them on my key. I gave my kids blank grids and orally gave them math problems whose answers would be one of those numbers. When they solved the math problem they would color in the square with the proper answer. Some numbers don't lend themselves to any problem except that number times one, so for those I just told them the number. I tried to jump around so they would have to keep guessing what the final picture would be.



Throughout the week we also used jelly beans for various projects. They estimated how many were in a jar, reviewed adjectives by describing them using their five senses. We also need to finish up the project of coming up with new flavor names for different colored beans.

We've made progress in our regular core subjects as well and had time for some science experiments. Much to the delight of the children.

Daughter also finished several art projects she has been working on. This is a water lily, she made to go with our Monet study.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

The children had piano lessons again this week after the teachers' spring break. They were excited about this.

We also made a trip to the library again.

My favorite thing this week was…

I really enjoyed celebrating Easter.

Things I’m working on…

I'm thinking about what I want to do for next year. About all I have figured out so far is what products I already have which I will continue to use or can reuse for my youngest.

I also need to work on prepping several lapbook projects.

I’m reading…

Twitter for Dummies

Various Cookbooks   I need some inspiration for new things to make. I feel like I have fallen into a rut again.

I’m cooking…

I made ham with all the trimmings for Easter. I can't remember what else I made except for chicken and leftover ham.

Thanks to Sue at Homeschool Chick for hosting Homeschool Mothers Journal.

2 comments:

  1. She did a great job on the water lily.It's very pretty.

    I've been flipping through my cookbooks as well.I think it must be the warmer weather - it's time for something new and light and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, they have Dummies books for everything, don't they? LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please visit again!

    ReplyDelete