Friday, August 12, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal Summer Edition Weekly Review 8/12





In my life this week…
Well, I am going to write about the last two weeks as I just wasn't up to writing last week due to many things.

I spent most of this week in Milwaukee attending a training class for a program my church would like me to present.  It was a very intense class, running for over eight hours each of three days.  I came home with a three inch binder full of information as well as many other papers.  Over the weekend I need to take the final exam online. 


In our homeschool this week…
Not so much this week.

Each of the weeks in August we have a theme we are studying so last week we  studied the state of  Missouri.  We read some books and started a Missouri lapbook from "In the Hands of a Child".  We also did some notebooking to record information.  We will be finishing up our state study this next week.


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
This week I was away from home for several days and my children spent time at my husbands parents house.

Last week I had the opportunity to meet Brenda from the TOS Homeschool crew and her family as they traveled through my area on their vacation. 

Otherwise we haven't done much out and about these last couple weeks.


Questions/thoughts I have…
I am looking for free homeschooling resources, particularly at the 2/3rd and 5/6th grade levels.  I already get Homeschool Freebie of the Day and Currclick. Any suggestions?

Things I’m working on…
Redoing some of my plans for this year.

I am also planning for next week.  We are going to finish our state study and then do some art work and maybe study book genres.  I know, all these plans are probably too ambitious.  We will see what we can actually do.

I’m reading…
The Old Schoolhouse Magazine 


I’m cooking…
Hamburgers
Pizza

I can't remember what last week was!


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
This is what I was doing this week.

http://www.bbhonline.org/



Thanks to Sue at The Homeschool Chick for hosting this fun weekly wrap up.

2 comments:

  1. I have a freebies page. I don't know if anything there will help you with things you are looking for. Any special topics you hope to cover?? You will find my freebie page here... http://debbiesdigest.blogspot.com/p/freebies.html

    Oh and I am your newest follower. I am trying to make sure I am following all those who are following me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to add a couple of free resources that I know of.
    Vocabulary and Spelling City
    (www.spellingcity.com) offers both a free and premium service. Lots of games, spelling lists, the ability to upload your own spelling lists. We have used it for a couple of years and enjoy it.
    The other one is Learning Games for Kids (www.learninggamesforkids.com) there are a lot of elementary level games, matching, speed drills, keyboarding, and others.
    Just thought I would pass these two on!
    Linda
    Homeschooling 1 child for 4 years with Time4Learning!

    ReplyDelete