Friday, February 17, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal Weekly Review 2/17



In my life this week…
Not much, but I really need to get started on the taxes.
 
In our homeschool this week…
We have had the opportunity to use TWO great review products. I can't wait to review and share about them.

The children had their second art class today. A former Homeschool Mom leads a six week art class at a local library branch. My daughter has done this before, but this is the first time my son has participated.

We are continuing to work on an economics lapbook.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Piano lessons and library visit.
 
What’s working/not working for us…
I was trying to make a history timeline and wrote out a sample for my children to see/copy and realized the information is too complex for them to write in the space available. So I think I need to type out the information, print it, so they can glue the info on the timeline.  

Summaries about material read or listened too are continuing to be a struggle.

Things I’m working on…
Sewing a nightgown for DD, thinking about a couple upcoming projects.
 
I’m reading…
Scorpions for Breakfast by Jan Brewer   Governor of Arizona 

The Write Start  by Jennifer Hallissy

I’m cooking…
I made cupcakes for Valentine's Day. 

Thanks to Sue at The Homeschool Chic for hosting HSMJ.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....taxes! Why did you mention that word??? I haven't even started to get our together yet. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete