Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sewing to Summer Challenge #1 Results




It's hard to believe that it's time to post the results of my sewing for the first period of The Summer Sewing challenge. My post describing the sewing challenge can be found here. But I do have to say I was almost successful in completing my project. The majority of the work is done, I just have to hem. My goal was to make a nightgown for my daughter. So here it is:


I wanted to get a good picture of the nightgown so you could get an idea of the style, but in order to do that I wasn't able to get a close, sharp picture of the fabric.



This is just a picture of the fabric:

It's a white background with butterflies of various sixes and shades of pink. Definitely a girly print for my girl. And it looks like the picture is up side down and my computer won't turn it right side up. Ahh, technology.


So since this is the first project of the sewing challenge I need to decide on something else to make for this next block of sewing time. I am thinking about starting Easter/ Spring dresses for daughter and myself.  I am pretty sure which pattern I will use for myself. It is one I had a dress made from a long time ago, so since that dress still fits and the pattern doesn't look too hard or that it was altered much, I don't think it will be too hard. I have a couple to choose from for daughters dress, but need to see what she thinks. Those are more complicated patterns so it will be a challenge.

However, these plans depend on what fabric I have in my stash. I need to do through the boxes and see whats there that would be suitable for dresses. I have some pieces in mind, but I don't know if there is enough yardage for dresses.

Thanks to Milk and Honey Mommy for hosting the Summer Sewing Challenge and coming up with the great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment