Sunday, September 4, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal Weekly Review 9/4


The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week…
I received word that I passed the Certification exams for Bringing Baby Home.  This was a several day class I attended the first part of August and then I had to take a 2+ hour online exam.  I am so relieved to have the hard part of it over, now I can present the workshop if I have the opportunity.

In our homeschool this week…
We focused on math.  I called it Math camp.  I explained a concept, the kiddos did a short worksheet so I knew they knew what they were doing and then they played some games.


I am inspired by…
Not a whole lot right now.  It has taken a lot of time for me to get motivated to write this post.  One of my big motivators for actually writing is I know my Mom will be interested in seeing what we are up to!


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We stayed at home a lot this week. We made a quick stop at the library.  Went to the grocery store.  Went to Home Depot for their kids Workshop on Saturday.


What’s working/not working for us…
The heat.  It was hot again this week. Like hot as in we broke record high temperatures for 4 days this week.  All of those new record highs were over 100.  Yuck!

Math camp went well for us.  I have a better idea where both of my kiddos stand on their math abilities and it was a relatively painless way to pick up after having a more relaxing summer.  We will have to spend some time on basic facts in the first few weeks.

Things I’m working on…
Preparing to start our regular curriculum this next week.  I also need to get back to working on my Christmas presents and make some progress going through things in my basement.

I’m reading…
Living Large on Less  


I’m cooking…
Yesterday I made homemade chicken fingers.
Throughout the week we also had burgers, chicken ceasar salad.  I am in a menu rut.  I need to find some new things that are inexpensive to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment