Sunday, September 18, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal Weekly Review 9/17




In my life this week…
I have spent way to much time at my computer, but I am not sure how to cut down that time.  It's not during the day for the most part, but most of my evening is spent off and on the computer. 

In our homeschool this week…

We just keep plodding along. Looking back at my log I realize we have already accomplished quite a bit this year. 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week was the first homeschool class at the library for this academic year.  At the class they reviewed chemical reactions and then made little bottle rockets suing film canisters and  Alka Seltzer tablets.
They also had piano lessons and we went to the library.

My favorite thing this week was…
The opportunity to have time with my daughter, just the two of us, when we went shoe and grocery shopping the other day.

What’s working/not working for us…
We did not have very good success with our science experiments this week.  Those dealing with static electricity probably didn't work due to the rain and humidity, but making a battery didn't work either.


Questions/thoughts I have…
I am trying to figure out how to make learning/school less of a chore for my son.  He doesn't seem to be interested in much except for Latin and piano.

Things I’m working on…

I have decided I need to have a garage sale yet this fall, so I am trying to get things together for that as well as just generally going through things.

I’m reading…
William and Catherine Their Story by Andrew Morton

I’m cooking…
Chicken Parmesan
Roast
Pizza


It was finally cool enough that I could do some baking, so I made two loaves of Banana Swirl Yeast bread.  I had ripe bananas in the freezer so I decided it was time to make this bread again.

I’m grateful for…
Math continues to go well for my daughter for which I am so thankful.  Most of her school career she has struggled with Math, but she is doing so much better this year.


Cooler temperatures and rain.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

My daughter likes to draw and one of the things she drew this week was an M&M.


Thanks to Sue at the Homeschool Chick for hosting HSMJ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment