Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Food Groups according to Kids

We have been talking about the food groups lately.  First as we did some activities for National Nutrition Month and then more recently with a item we have reviewed.  So this is a topic in the forefront of my kids minds right now. When we were in the car they other day, my 7 year old started naming food groups, but they weren't exactly what we have been talking about.


His List

  • Chocolate
  • Colorful Food
  • Milk and Dairy
  • Things that go crunch
  • Things I DO NOT EAT
 At least he got one right. 

Then I decided to elaborate on his list.  Here is what I came up with:

  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Chocolate Cheesecake
  • Shaped Chocolate  (i.e. Nuggets, Kisses)
  • Chocolate in any other Form

I know this post is directly contrary to my last post, but I just felt like writing it.  I enjoy chocolate and I know there are many others who do too, so I just had to share.

2 comments: