Saturday, April 9, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal Weekly Review April 8

The Homeschool Mother's Journal



.In my life this week…
In between everything else I have done a little reading.  Just for me.
I think spring has finally come. I like things, but not for the allergies it brings with it.

In our homeschool this week…
We have made our way through quite a bit of work this week.  I am surprised at our progress.  
We've enjoyed several new review products with the TOS Crew.
We made math hands on and moving around this week.  We started measurement and explored non standard measures and the length measures.  Only today do the young scholars do writing for math. Next week: area and perimeter  with some ideas for projects.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…


Actually I think we stayed home much of the week. 
Daughter had piano lesson this week.
Tuesday evening we went to a Victory Party for a friend who was running for a councilperson spot for our town.  He won! Yay! 

 
My favorite thing this week was… 

The children being able to play outside and we even did some of of measuring math outside.

What’s working/not working for us…
We didn't get a chance to start an artist study.
6 year old son has not been over enthusiastic.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…

I need to sit down with my catalogs and figure out what specific products from several companies I want to use for next year.  I am jealous of other people who have had the opportunity to go to Homeschool Conventions this year because I really would have liked to see some things in person.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…





Son being silly

No comments:

Post a Comment