Friday, April 1, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal Weekly Review April 1

The Homeschool Mother's Journal



In my life this week...

I spent some time on a project for me.  I have dabbled with beading jewelry for almost 2 years and have supplies for several projects, but haven't completed anything since last summer.  So off and on during the week I have been working on a necklace.  Not done yet, but almost.
I've also started reading one of my Spring Book Challenge books, How the States Got Their Shapes.  It's not a hard read, goes quickly and is kinda fun.  The states are discussed in alphabetical order and I am done with the A's.

In our homeschool this week...
Down to our next to last week of our Chemistry/Periodic Table unit for science.
Continued our state study with Delaware.
Enjoying our Latin study and Headventureland, on line resource for much fun Latin.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
Sunday we went to the Family concert at the Symphony thanks to a friend.  We heard Saint-Saen's Carnival of the Animals.  It was a fantastic time.
Daughter had piano lesson this week.

My favorite thing this week was...
The Symphony!  No question!
Other than that, just staying home more days and making progress on the home and school front.







It was not the 4 inches of snow we got last Saturday!!!


What's working/not working for us...
My 6 year old is going through a rough time.  Doesn't seem to want to do much except Latin and an online music program I am reviewing.
I have reached the month of panic, will we be able to accomplish everything I want to this year and how much longer until we get all our required hours in?

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

I am trying to figure out a way to help my little guy not stress so much. 
I am mulling next years plans over in my head.  Might help if I actually took the time to sit down and write things out.  In pencil, of course.  Maybe making things concrete would help.  :)

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...


I am going to share two links:  They are both about the concert we saw:


http://www.ncusd203.org/river_woods/musicweb/rwwebsite/carnival_animals/carnival_of_the_animals.html

This one is supposed to have samples of the music.  I can't try it out as my children are having a camp out about 3 feet from where I am typing.  Don't want to wake them!

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_the_Animals

This is info about the arrangement.

Have a good Week.

1 comment:

  1. How the States Got Their Shapes sounds very interesting, I might have to add that one to my list.

    ReplyDelete