Sunday, October 9, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal Weekly Review 10/8

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
I spent all my free time this last week getting ready for a garage sale this morning.  The whole process was a lot of work and in the end, the sale was disappointing.  I had several big items I had hoped would sell so I could get them out of the basement, but it didn't happen. I am not sure what I will do with them now.

In our homeschool this week…
Not much new - continuing with Ancient Egypt and other regular subjects.  I think we are pretty well finished with electricity for science.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
The usual piano lessons and library visit.

What’s working/not working for us…
Well, there are several things these last couple weeks.  Both of the kids are rebelling with narration lately.  I only require two sentences from my son (who is 7) and a paragraph from my daughter(she's 10), but they are free to do more.  I will even write out what my son says for him to copy, but I am still meeting resistence.

They are also not very interested in the electricity study we have been doing.  I am very surprised since they usually are very excited about Science.


What is working is how excited the kids are about Piano this week.  They have done a good job with their practicing for which I am very thankful.

Questions/thoughts I have…
I am trying to decide what topic to study next for Science.  I have a series of Science texts, but we don't strictly follow them.  We have done things they are interested in and I either add or subtract requirements depending on grade level. I've asked the kids for input and they don't have any suggestions for me.

Things I’m working on…
Sorting stuff in my basement.

I’m reading…
Old magazine articles that look interesting and books I have that I am not particularly interested in keeping.
 
I’m cooking…
Whatever I can find in my freezer or pantry ! 

I’m grateful for…
The lovely weather we have been having.  The kids have been able to play outside just about every day this week.

Hope it isn't too hard to read my text color.  It is the closest I could find to my favorite color.

Thanks to Sue at the Homeschool Chick for hosting Homeschool Mothers Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment