Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Old Schoolhouse Crew Year End Awards

The last two academic years I have had the privilege of being a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew. This group has the opportunity to use and review many exciting products. Some of these are new and some are old favorites, some are winners for a family, others are not loved quite as much. 

One of the unique activities of the crew is the opportunity to vote for our favorite products at the end of a year. This is fun, but it can also be a challenge to decide which category best represents a product. The black text and listing of products is information provided to me from the Crew and represents the votes of many people on the Crew. Some of the products listed I have had the opportunity to review; others I have not. Reviews for the products I have reviewed are here on my blog.

The asterisk denotes products I reviewed and is linked (hopefully) to my review here on my blog. The highlighted product names should take you to the company website.

As the 2011-2012 Crew year comes to a close, we are once again presenting awards to our vendors. The awards are known as the TOS Homeschool Crew Blue Ribbon Awards.

The following vendors are the recipients of the award this year. Click on their name to check out the Crew reviews!

*Favorite Reading Instruction Product: Reading Eggs 
*Favorite Writing Product: Write Shop 
*Favorite Language Arts Product: Progeny Press 
Favorite Social Studies Product: TruthQuest History 
*Favorite Science Product: Amazing Science 
*Favorite Math Product: Math Mammoth 
Favorite Online Math Product: Math Rider 
*Favorite Foreign Language Product: Visual Latin 
*Favorite Fine Arts Product: Artistic Pursuits 
Favorite Christian Education Product: Apologia: Who Am I? 
Favorite Preschool Product: Before Five in a Row 
Favorite Elementary Product: All About Reading  
*Favorite Middle School Product: Write with WORLD 
Favorite High School Product: Excellence in Literature 
Favorite College or College-Prep Product: Excellence in Literature 
*Best Online Resource: Reading Eggs 
*Best e-Product: Heritage History  
Best Homeschool Resource: Apologia: Educating the Wholehearted Child 
Best Book, Novel, or Magazine: Apologia: How to Have a HEART for Your Kids 
Best Children's Book: Amazing Animals by Design 
*Best Game or Toy: Northstar Games: Wits and Wagers and Say Anything 
*Best Hands-On Resource: Pitsco Education
*Best Resource I Didn't Know I Needed: eMeals 
*Best Customer Service: K5 Learning  
*Most Adaptable Resource: Creek Edge Press 
*Most Family-Oriented Resource: Northstar Games: Wits and Wagers and Say Anything 
*Kids' Choice (favorite of CHILDREN ages 0-12): Reading Eggs 
*Teens' Choice (favorite per the TEENAGERS): Pitsco Education 
*All Around Crew Favorite: Visual Latin  

 Each winning vendor has received this wonderful award to display with pride:
Many other Crew Members are blogging about these awards as well. Visit the Crew Blog to find a listing of links to other blog posts about these awards.


The two years I have been a member of the TOS Crew have been a learning experience for me. I have learned more about the myriad of homeschool products available, more about my children's learning abilities and needs, and meet many other homeschool parents  through their blogs and crew connections. However, due to changes for my family, I will not be continuing to review with the TOS Homeschool Crew. I will miss the opportunity I was blessed to have.


I plan to continue adding to my blog, but just not with as many product reviews.



No comments:

Post a Comment